Our priority is to keep you and your families safe and healthy along with our staff and their families and are following the most current protocols put out by the dental colleges – ADA&C, ABRDA and CRDHA. We are doing everything we can to ease you into the new routine and ensure you feel comfortable visiting Garrison Woods Dental.
To help you prepare for your upcoming dental appointment please review the information below and complete the necessary forms where indicated.
Preparing for your appointment
- On the day of your appointment, we require you to complete a consent form. Below is the electronic version of the consent form that you can complete and submit from your device or computer.
Again, please complete this form the day of your appointment before you arrive – it will allow us to limit your time spent in the waiting room. If you require a guardian or support person, they must also complete the consent form. They must also complete and sign it the day of the appointment, no earlier.
- If you have your own mask, please bring it along with you to save Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for essential workers (this includes parent/guardian and/or support worker).
- Upon arrival we ask that you stay in your vehicle or outside the office. Text or call us to let us know that you are here, and we will let you know when your operatory is ready.
- When entering the clinic, we ask that you sanitize or wash your hands right away and we will provide you with a mask if you do not have your own.
- One of our team members will take your temperature to confirm you do not have a fever
- If you were unable to complete the consent form in advance (see above), we will ask you to complete and sign it at this time.
Please note that we have installed plexiglass barriers at our reception desks; pens are wiped down after each use; chairs are spaced 2 metres (6 feet) apart and staff members will wipe down contact surfaces throughout the day with an approved surface cleaner.
During the appointment
- All rooms will be completely sterilized before each patient is seated. Once seated in the dental chair, we ask that you take your mask off. We will provide you with a cup of rinsing agent and ask you to rinse for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Our staff will carry out your procedure. All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant including patient chair.
Please note that your health care providers will look a little different as well. For procedures we will be wearing gowns, masks and plastic face shields but don’t worry, our smiles are underneath it all!
After your appointment
- We ask that you put your mask back on. Your hands will need to be sanitized before leaving the operatory. You may then head to the front desk to complete any payment or exit forms that are required.
Please note that after every transaction, the checkout desk, pens and debit machines will be wiped with a disinfectant.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
Thank you so much for your cooperation, and we hope to see you soon!